We do our best to get all orders recevied by 10a MT packed and shipped same day. If this is not possible, we will pack your order within 24 hours of the order being placed (24-48 hours during our annual sale event). The exception is Sunday. All orders received after 10a on Saturday, as well as on Sunday, will be shipped on Monday. The following options are available to you for shipping:
Domestic Postal Service: (Please note that USPS continues to experience delays as a result of COVID)
Domestic FedEx Shipping:
- First Class, now called Ground Advantage ($4.50-6.50, Free Ground Advantage Domestic Shipping on fly orders over $50 and less than one pound). Typically delivers in 3-7 business days.
- Priority Mail ($9.50 - $10.50, Free Domestic Priority Shipping on fly orders over $150), usually delivers in 1-3 business days.
- Priority Express (~$30.00), 1-2 day delivery. Please note that this does not include Saturday or Sunday. If you order on Thursday, for example, your package will most likely be delivered on Monday.
- Insurance: Please be aware that Ground Advantage now inlcudes $100 of insurance against either in-transit loss or damage. This does not, however, include theft. If you would like more than $100 of coverage, please choose USPS Priority or FedEx 2Day.
- Claims for Lost or Damaged Packages: In the event of lost or damaged packages, you can file a claim with USPS. You will need the original mailing label and the receipt included in your shipment. Alternatively, contact us and we can help. Please know that only one party may file a claim. In most cases, we can replace your shipment while we file insurance claims. Unfortunately, we have no recourse in any situation – insured or not – in which USPS reports a package as delivered. If your package is lost or reported as delivered, please check with your mail carrier, your neighbors, and your local post office. We have found that in nearly all "missing package but reported as delievered" cases, one of these three avenues will locate a misplaced package. We will do everything we can to help.
- FedEx 2Day® for delivery within 2 business days (~$9-11, Free Domestic FedEx 2 Business Day Shipping on fly orders over $150). Please note that FedEx 2Day does not include weekends or holidays. Orders placed on Saturday and Friday afternoon, for example, will be shipped on Monday. In this example, FedEx considers Monday as the "in possession" day and Wednesday as the 2nd Business Day. If Monday is a holiday, however, the "in possession" day is Tuesday. In general, here's how FedEx describes 2Day: "When you’re shipping with FedEx, the shipping days start being counted the day after you hand over your package to us. For example, if we get the package on Monday (the in possession day) before the cutoff time, it’ll be delivered Wednesday which is the second business day." So, if you place an order on our site before 10a MT on a Monday, the package will be scheduled for delivery on Wednesday.
- FedEx Standard Overnight® (~$31.00). In most cases, FedEx Overnight will not be delivered on Saturdays as this is also a "business day" service. FedEx Overnight orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday, however, will not be picked up until Monday and delivered until Tuesday.
- A Note on Guaranteed Service. FedEx has only recently begun to re-introduce their Money-Back Guarantee, which has been suspended since 24-Mar-2020 as a result of COVID. The only FedEx service currently guaranteed is Overnight. As a result, FedEx will not accept claims for late packages shipped using FedEx 2Day®.
Please Note: The U.S. Fish & Wildlife agency requires an additional fee of ~$100 as well as a pre-inspection to ship flies to international destinations that include wildlife. Each description of our flies indicates whether they contain wildlife. If you want to order those flies, please contact us to discuss the possibility of this additional certificate. Returns
All of our merchandise has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Please return any unused merchandise that you are not 100% completely satisfied within 45 days of purchase and in original form. Please contact us for additional details on where to ship returns. DiscountFlies reserves the right to charge a 20% restock fee, but in most cases, will waive this fee. Please note that shipping charges are non-refundable, except in the cases of either defective merchandise or an error on our part.