SEMPERFLI Nano Silk 30D (18/0)
Quantity in Basket: None
Shipping Weight: 0.40 ounces
Nano Silk is regarded as the tying thread of choice of professional fly tyers worldwide. Being so super strong and available in such a variety of colors and deniers it has endless possibilities and can be used for micro flies to medium flies. Virtually unbreakable and still capable of being split down for dubbing twists there is no fly tying thread as strong as Nano Silk anywhere.
The combination of strength and small diameter makes this our go-to tying thread. Because Nano Silk lays perfectly flat you get no thread build up.
- 18/0 30 denier thread
- Breaking strain 1,140g / 2.51lb
- perfect on hook sizes 16 to 32
- Lays perfectly flat with no build up, regardless of how many loops you put on the hook
- 10 times stronger than steel of the same diameter
- rotate anti-clockwise to untwist and lay perfectly flat. With just 2 or 3 light wraps of Nano Silk over foam you can then tighten and tie in foams or materials that would cut easily
- use white Nano Silk and simply color the last 4 inches (100mm) of thread for heads in a visible color
- with all GSP threads including Nano Silk Ultra 30D 18/0 Black you should always use a ceramic bobbin holder
Size: 18/0 (30 Denier), 50m (54 yards) spool.
The clip below shows just how thin this thread is. It keeps underbodies very slim and allows for precise tapers:
No Reviews Yet!
Write a Review
Write a Review