Flymen Fish-Skull Sculpin Helmet - Mini
Quantity in Basket: None
Shipping Weight: 0.40 ounces
The ultimate heavyweight head for deep-swimming, hook-up streamers. Best of Show Fly Tying Materials: 2011 International Fly Tackle Dealer Show
Tie heavyweight streamers with realistic, flat and broad profiles; the perfect imitation for common bottom-dwelling fish species such as sculpins, gobies and baby catfish. Designed for use on both hook and tube streamers, the Sculpin Helmet has a weighted keel to keep your streamer swimming hook-up and avoid snagging.
- Mini: Fits hook sizes #10, #8, #6, #4, #2. (Note: The Mini is designed with a specially enlarged front slot to fit a wider range of hook sizes. This increased flexibility in hook sizes allows the Mini to be used in a wide variety of freshwater and saltwater streamer patterns.)
- Small: Fits hook sizes #6, #4, #2, #1.
- Large: Fits hook sizes #2, #1, 1/0, 2/0.
Tips & Tricks:
After tying in all your materials, complete the streamer by simply fitting the Sculpin Helmet from the front and finish off by tying a small thread dam between the skull and the hook eye. Step-by-step:
- Start by building your streamer; tie in all the tail, body and wing materials. Wrap a small thread-head and tie off your thread. Make sure you leave a generous gap between your thread-head and the eye of the hook to have room to fit the helmet.
- Coat your thread wraps lightly with some Zap-A-Gap or similar glue and then fit the helmet from the front of the streamer. Position in place and make any final adjustments to your materials.
- Re-attach your tying thread between the helmet and the eye of the hook and wrap a thread-dam to lock the helmet firmly in place. Tie off and cement the thread wraps.
- Finish the streamer by sticking on the Living Eyes.
No Reviews Yet!
Write a Review
Write a Review